I am Indigo

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Indigos Be-ing Real : celebrity spotlight


Indigo Peoples : You are given a Purpose on this Earth. It is to BE Different. It is that simple. You are not broken simply because you are not like the mainstream. When you come to the understanding that You are 'meant' to be Different, you will find the acceptance within Your Self that you need. We are not like those who seek and find acceptance in their social circles. We will always feel different, because we ARE. And that's okay. Your Difference can create everything you need, and that is a part of creating everything the Earth needs. When all we Indigos work our Purpose on the Earth at the same time, the rest of the World will have no choice but to change. And so we are the Warriors of this Earth. Your strength is needed. Your strength is loved. Use your passions and beliefs (whatever they are) to fuel your work. Release addiction. Let nothing cloud your judgment, because you Truly know all you need to BE who You Are!

I've been promising this article for a while now! I want to write to you about an example of an Indigo Adult in popular culture, who is making a difference, just by BE-ing Self. This article is in no way a comment on this man's spirituality or belief. It is however, a comment on my own belief, and I know that the same is shared by many Spirit minded Peoples on the Earth at this time. This article is about showing you how we all fit into the big picture. So if you are Indigo, or you are a support for an Indigo child/adult, I gift this work to You.

Months ago I heard a song on commercial radio that entirely expanded my trust in the changing processes of this Earth. It inspired my belief that there truly are young people willing to make a difference. It proved to me, that no matter what happens and has happened, there are Indigos stepping up and forcing the change to the already established 'institutions' - and more often than not, right under that institutions' nose without them realising it.

So what was is this amazing, ground breaking, life changing, song of Indigo splendour?

Enter: Travie McCoy & Bruno Mars! Follow the link and have a listen to the lyrics of this song, if you've not heard it before. If you do know it - refresh! What I love about it is the desperation of wanting a better life on this Earth, coupled with the want to share and give and literally grow the world simply through generosity and giving. And in this there is so much Joy from these two young men. Bless!


And what's more it's right there in the mainstream commercial media. Finally, young people are singing along to something other than "I miss my baby" or "My heart is broken" or "The world needs a change but it's not gonna be me."

So, I heard the song, and I thought, 'Surely, this is an Indigo Man singing this song." So I went off to do a bit of Travie research. Wiki told me he was born 1981. Same as me. So if we're checking off the typical Indigo signs, there's the first one. That makes him 29 years old now. "Mmmm," I think, "he's just been through his Saturn return." So he's bursting onto the music scene with his first solo project (he is already known for his work in a musical group) right in the middle of the change period in his Saturn return. Everything looks to be going really well for him. Nice.

Side note : I have a theory about our 28 year Saturn return (astrological stuff : btw I'm no astrologer). While the Saturn return will bring great transformation to the cycles in our life that need ending, if we have been doing 'the work' before we get to this point, these changes will come with grace and ease. Trusting You, Forgiving You, and Accepting You are the keys to this time. You can do it with serenity or difficulty. I know which one I have chosen!

I found Travie McCoy's blog and was immediately inspired with the first words I saw : Travie McCoy is a real boy! If you have read/heard any of my previous work you will know that he's talkin' my language. I talk of the Real World being that which exists in our Truth, not the hustle and bustle of the mundane dross of life. The Real World is a place where the Sacred exists, in whichever way we choose to see the Sacred that is True for us. Now I am not making any comment on Travie McCoy's spiritual beliefs or life, but I do read the world in signs, and this one phrase : Travie McCoy is a real boy, told me that I was headed in the right direction!

So I continued in my search of 'Indigo signs'. You only have to take one look at this man to know there's no attempt to fit into the mainstream in him! Another tick in the box. His father is Haitian-born Israeli and his mother is of Irish, Hawaiian and Native American ancestry. I love this fusing of cultures and blood lines. The coming of so many Indigos and now the Crystal children (I believe) has only been made possible by the mixing of the Sacred blood lines on the Earth. It is as though, the Clan Mothers (the 13 indigenous council Women of the spirit world : who come from the 13 corners of the Earth, and once existed in physical form) have finally been able to blend their wisdom and gifts on the Earth, and we are growing as an Earth Peoples of All gifts. Bless.

As I trawled his blog I found that like so many of we Indigo Adults, this man has also fought and seemingly beaten an addiction. That's a thing the world does to us, prescribes drugs to help us 'fit-in' to the institutions that are here on Earth (ritalin, prozac, vallium...). It can beat us into submission and take us away from our Purpose in this world. Or, we can fight it off, beat it, and continue on our Purpose in an extremely strong and empowered manner. When we make it through to this point, all the positives are handed to us on a Silver platter. That's our work as Indigo children, to break the old institutions apart, and ushering a new way of BEing that is good for All.

Ahhh, so this man, born in the beginning of the Indigo influx, has beaten his demons, passed through Saturn Return and seems pretty darn happy with his place in the world. I've been following his Twittering and blogs now for the past few months and here is a Man who speaks from his feeling. His career is increasing with passion and honesty. He seems unafraid to speak his mind. Oh, and did I mention his ambassador job for those less fortunate around the world in The Unbeaten Track Project?

I feel deep gratitude for People like Travie McCoy, for the work they are doing. They are great role models for other Indigos around the world - and it doesn't even matter if they know that they are called Indigo Children by those of us who use that name. Their energy, their heart-felt compassion and their drive to change the world is that which is Perfect. It is what will and IS making a difference on this Earth. I truly believe that with a man like Travie McCoy in the mainstream media, doing what he does, and loving it, there is no going back. The 'old' paradigm really is collapsing, and love, abundance and beauty is taking the top of the rungs on this planet. And so I say Maia Nie Heya Travie McCoy, for this great work you Do. 

- Hollie B. is a Witch, an Indigo Adult, a Mother, Wife and Ceremony Woman. She journeys the Woman's Way, where the Divine Spirit is alive and True. Everything and Everyone is Sacred. Hollie B. believes that the more we Two-Legged Peoples DO re-member honouring of the Real World and its Peoples, the more bless-ed we BE. To find out more about Hollie B.'s work visit the Lunation Lessonary.